Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's day 2014

Mother's day has always been difficult for my husband. He lost his mother at a very young age. He missed her every mother's day since then. Some years at school they made him make a mother's day craft anyway. As I showed him the video of our first daughter's first grade class singing mother's day songs he had a sad look in his eyes. He never got to experience that.

He didn't get me a card. Or even say "Happy Mother's day!" to me. And that is okay. I am not his mother.

The four little people whose mother I am made my mother's day special. There were hugs and kisses. Poems and songs. My eleven year old made me his first ever cup of coffee.

While I got no flowers or candy, I did get to take a nap. Husband went grocery shopping for me. (I HATE grocery shopping.)

I tried something new for dinner and no one complained. The kids even liked it! (One pot chicken lo mein from Pinterest FTW.)

I got myself a new food processor the week before and splurged on the good one and claimed it was my mother's day present. We needed one and I love it so much.

My mother's day was special. My mother's day was fantastic. 

No comments: