Tuesday, October 29, 2013

This is my everyday.

"We all have these days." she says with a smile. I look at her. "No, this is my everyday."

She was behind us in the check out of the grocery store. I had all four of my children with me. I don't take all of them with me unless I have to. It just so happened that Lily NEEDED something for school the next day and I had forgotten about it until 5:30 p.m. on a Monday after Eric's fencing class. The baby was hungry and fussy. Gamma was restless and bored. Lily was curious and wanted everything. Eric was pouty and sad. I was stressed, as usual.

Life with four kids is often stressful. I wasn't yelling at them. I was calm. I just grabbed what I had to grab and got in line. The baby had already eaten the crackers I had in my bag for her. I just wanted to GET HOME and make a salad to go with the chili that was in my crock pot. I wasn't paying attention to anyone around me. I had my eyes on the prize. Home.

Then the well intention-ed stranger said that thing to me. I put the kids in the car.

I silently cried on the way home.


I can't believe this is what has become of my life. Where everyday a stranger just HAS to say something to me about the fact that I have A LOT of children. I am WELL AWARE I have four children.

I know we all have "those days." I AM AWARE I HAVE MY HANDS FULL. This is my life. Be nice or mind your own fucking business.


2 comments:

Howard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Howard said...

Hi Valeta! You have the hardest job in the world. A fulltime parent. I was a single parent who worked fulltime and it was stressfull enough for me to make sure everything was done. It can be a thankless job and often I often felt like I was missing oportunities for different things in life. However, I would NOT change any of it for the world. Most often the people who say these things dont have a clue so dont let thier lack of experence bring you down. You have had your babies young and they WILL grow up. Love and enjoy this time because when its gone its gone. NICE to hear from you! Keep on being the Awesome Mommy that you are. Remember Valeta “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.”

:) H
Sorry had to correct a miss spelling.