Monday, March 11, 2013

I don't know how you do it.

I get told this a few times a week. Sometimes once a day. "Four kids! I don't know how you do it!" Well, I'm not sure either. I've had four kids for five months and we are all still alive. I'd call that a victory.

"How do you make dinner?" An extremely rude new person at play group once asked me. She asked me this as I smiled down at my angel Iris. I wanted to ask her the same. The answer is - I just do. I figure it out.

When Iris was new I'd put her in the Moby or the swing or have someone hold her. I don't always have someone around to hold her. I figure it out. Dinner gets made. I buy a lot of frozen veggies that steam in their own package. Dinner gets eaten in 1/4 of the time it takes me to prepare it. Sometimes not eaten at all.

Sometimes, well a lot of the times, I feel overwhelmed. But I'm treasuring every moment I get with these kids. These kids who came from my body. Who all look a little bit like me. Who are all smart, funny, beautiful and caring. Who I love more then anything.

I don't know how I do it. I just do.

No comments: