Friday, December 14, 2012

Hug those babies

I want to grab all the kids everywhere and hug them tight. I want to protect them all and keep them safe from the world.

The world is not a safe place. Not anywhere. Not in movie theaters. Not in schools. Not mall play areas.

Terrible things happen to good people. I think all of us are good people on the inside but sometimes we get lost.

Tonight my little kids have no idea. They do not know there are people who will drive to a school and kill innocent children. They do not know about the millions who die everyday in tragedy around the world.

They are spilling popcorn on the floor in front of their frustrated mother. They are watching Disney movies and dreaming of happy endings. And I hope they can stay this way for a little while.

Im hugging them tight and ignoring my messy house. The world is a scary place. At least we have each other.

No comments: