Monday, September 12, 2011

third grade

I remember third grade. My teacher's name was Ms. Pariscandola. She was also my older cousin's third grade teacher. She was small for a teacher. She was kind. I made my first real friends in third grade. I drank a lot of chocolate milk. I got free school lunch every day. This was the year I started walking myself home from school.

My oldest child has been in third grade for three weeks. He has walked himself to and from school several times. All by himself. I drove him this morning because he was running late. He takes chocolate milk or a fruitables juice box in his lunch every day. He gets lunch made at home. He is his own person. I feel I really cannot blog about him the way I did when he was younger. Some day he will read all this. I hope he knows how proud of him I am. He is such a great little guy. 

No comments: