Sunday, September 11, 2011

Life lessons

I drive by the places I had to live as a child. I see familiar sights and changes too. I didn't realize we were so poor, but we were. And most of my mother's family still are. And I am thankful, for everything I have. I am thankful for my children, my home and my husband.

I get wrapped up in my brain. Tiny unimportant things start to bug me. Sometimes I just need a slap in the face. Such as seeing my homeless mother in the hospital. With no warm bed to go home to. A crappy job she cannot live without. My brother who is 23 and needs help my mother cannot give.

I wish I could wrap my family up and save them all. Real life does not work like that. Real life is messy and hard. Its never exactly what you expect or want. It is what it is and you can only do your best.

No comments: