Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm in a slump. I know I can't handle school right now and that makes me feel like a failure. Whenever Husbandface and I argue, he says "Well you don't work." But I feel like all I do is work. Changing sheets and diapers. Cleaning and cooking. Taking the kids to playdates. Going on walks. I suppose some of it shouldn't feel like work. But when I do everything for the kids, it feels like it.

I need to do something for just me. Maybe I can get more active in my etsy shop and here on my blog. I feel I have nothing special to say. I do the same thing every day. I take care and play with my kids. We color and sometimes watch movies. I feel as though I am not longer a person. I am just mom.

What happened to Valeta?

3 comments:

SheetOutoHLuck said...

Sometimes we feel as if we are stuck in routines but as we grow older; more mature, we usually find ourselves in those situations. It's nothing to fret about, it's better than getting having no sleep, having your car break down, and taking your dad to the hospital. You'll be alright.

RunninFool said...

I hate to agree with Kevin, but he may be on to something. I was not loving life as a SAHM...I did stuff all day; I cleaned, I cooked, I changed diapers and read books, went to the store, etc. But at the end of the day, I felt kinda useless and unfulfilled. Then I got a job and life got a whole lot brighter: I was happier, I felt purposeful, and Rob and the kids saw a much better mommy/wife as a whole. *shrug* Just my thoughts. :-) Miss you!

Valeta said...

I can't afford childcare or I would work.