Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Yesterday, someone I thought was a dear friend cut me deep. With words. Again, about Eric's behavior. Then another friend proceeded to tell me I need to do A, B and C.Then I go on facebook and another friend is bitching about her neighbor's kids behavior.

Since when is it okay to go around judging EVERYONE about their parenting style? Why is it okay for you to put your 2 cents in?

All of us. We have no idea what it is like to be the other person. Why can't we all just support each other? Is that so hard?

Sometimes I cry because of the lack of support. Of help. Of empathy. Of companionship.

It is REALLY HARD to be a good parent. And what if you don't have good parents to set an example? What if you are just trying your best? Should you still be judged so harshly?

I don't think so. I think friends and neighbors should find a positive way to support each other rather then being assholes.

We are all human.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Yeah that's hard. It seems to me that when you have 1 friend, they are one person and you may get along with them well. But the more variables you add to that relationship, the more possible areas of conflict may begin to exist. More friends. Their husbands. Their kids. Their neighbors. Etc.