Saturday, August 28, 2010

pretend

She walks over to me and says, "Will you play pretend with me? I will be the Mama and you can be Lily." I agree and follow her to her bedroom.
She tells me to sit down, and I do. She gets her toy tea set out and I pour us pretend tea. She feeds her carebears tea with the yellow teaspoons. She tells me things about them. One bear played outside and needs a bath. Another is sad because it needs a nap.

I stare at her and smile. My daughter. So lovely and smart. Wants to pretend to be me. And I love her more then ever.

2 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Hi, If you have already added this link to your blogroll, you may have to do it again as some readers have been having issues due to the privacy setting on it. Adding it again should fix that.

Thanks!

http://threelittlebearsstonecottage.blogspot.com/

Formerly Hot Belly Mama

Valeta said...

It says I need an invite.