Thursday, June 03, 2010

I have learned to like myself. I don't think there was ever a point in my life before where I did. When you grow up thinking you have no one in the world, you hate yourself. You believe you are not worth anything. But now I realize, I am. I am funny and creative. I care deeply about my family and friends.

But of course, not everyone agrees. Not everyone likes me. And thats okay. I have found myself following in my own footsteps trying to be friends with people who honestly don't like me. Just like a puppy who licks its owner even after it gets kicked by it. I would try really hard to be friends with people who have proven then don't really like me.

I deserve better then that. I deserve friends who like me. I am not going to waste my time on people who are just going to judge me or decide they know what I should do in my life better then I do. Friends should give advice and accept whatever decision you make. Friends should accept you for who you are.

And I am a person. A real person. A whole person. I deserve whole friends.

2 comments:

RunninFool said...

Right on!!!

Andrea said...

You got that right!