Monday, February 15, 2010

So I changed the layout of this here bloggy. When I was updating things it felt a lot like spring cleaning. I get to start anew. Right now I am in love with mint/turquoise/aqua(whatever you call it) yellow and grey. So there I go. Yellow flowers have always been my favorite. They are just so much prettier then pink or red. I don't know why. I just love them.

I had the most wonderful Valentine's day yesterday. I woke up and cuddled on the couch with the kids for a while before I noticed Husbandface had left me a new laptop, a box of chocolates and a hard on our breakfast bar for me. He has never done Valentine's day. He hates hallmark holidays. I, on the other hand, LOVE them. I love buying and making silly things to celebrate. I love getting dressed up. I love doing holiday themed anything. I  just love all holidays. When I noticed my card I read it first. It said, "WIFE! I love you so much that I really want you to stop using my computer." I ran upstairs and jumped on him and kissed him all over his face. 

The funny thing is, I wasn't even expecting a card. The first couple years we were married, I foolishly thought that since I loved silly holidays, he would too. I am sure people talk about things like that before getting married. Most people probably don't get married 10 months after meeting. It used to make me sad. Because I love Husbandface, he is the best person (besides my children) ever created.You can't make someone like things they just don't think are worth their time. I have just resolved to celebrate silly hallmark holidays with my kids and leave him out of it. Then he goes and surprises me. <3 

I got him this shirt. With Robots in love. I got each of the kids a small heart shaped box of chocolates. I didn't open Gammas. He just banged it on the floor. I got Eric and Gamma robot shirts. And Lily a long frilly white dress with heart trim. I put it on her and she said, "I'm a PRINCESS!" And she ran to her daddy and told him too. And he hugged her. My boys might not care about holidays. They might be just like Husbandface. But my pretty little daughter makes them special. She loves them as much as I do.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I really like the layout! :-)

That's such a great Valentine's! You've got a good husband, even if he typically doesn't celebrate holidays with you. :-) All couples have differences like this. Matt and I did marriage counseling since our pastor required it to marry us and the only thing I remember from it is "You can't change your spouse." He added that only God can, but so far God hasn't changed Matt's frustrating differences either. ;-) Anyway, I take that to mean that everyone has differences and it doesn't matter how long you're dating or married, the differences will always be there.

Valeta said...

Yeah, you can't change people.