Saturday, February 06, 2010

selfish

Sometimes I'm selfish. Instead of cleaning, during naptime I play videogames. Or I read. Or I waste time on facebook.

But why do I feel guilty? After giving up all my dreams and aspirations to be a housewife. I deserve an hour to do something selfish.

I can say that all I want, but I will still feel guilty. I will still be thinking about the dishes in the sink while I shoot bad guys to save the human race.

My cousin asked me the other day, "What about all your dreams?" What about them? I don't matter any more. My three littles are more important. I am their mother. This is the most important job I'll ever have.

2 comments:

Super Blogger Girl! said...

you can still have your dreams, they are just differn't and going to take way longer now.

Valeta said...

I feel like they aren't important.

Like I don't matter.