Thursday, January 21, 2010

just a moment

This morning it wasn't raining. It was rather nice. Eric looked out the window and asked if we could walk to school alone. I said yes, of course.

We walked and talked the whole way to school. So nice not to have a baby crying while Eric tries to talk. We talked about him possibly joining a baseball league this spring. He told me about a friend he made at school. He told me about papyrus.

When we got to school he gave me a hug and kiss and ran to the playground. I watched him for just a moment then headed home.

On the way home I looked at the sky. I saw some ivy growing up the side of a tree. For just a moment I was just a girl on a walk.

But then all the thoughts of diapers, floors that need to be mopped, babies crying and all the other things I have on my plate. I walked home faster.

Sometimes, for just a moment, I imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't kept the unplanned pregnancy that happened when I was 17. And I wouldn't change a thing. This is my life. Life is good. This is me.

No comments: