Sunday, January 31, 2010

I am ready for it to be spring. I'm not going to complain about the cold or the rain, it is much worse in other places. But I can't wait for some color. Some flowers. I can't wait to start my garden. I have been researching and planning. I even have a house plant that I have kept alive for a month. Go me!

I tried gardening at our old house in california. Nothing I planted ever grew. I didn't know what I was doing. But I realized I love it. I don't mind the dirt and worms. I love things that grow. I love the idea that maybe someday I will grow things we can actually eat.

My dad tells me stories of my great grandfather who HAD to garden during the great depression to survive. I wish I could have known him and learned some of his secrets to gardening. I never even met my grandfather. They both died before I was born. I think about them and I am inspired. I don't HAVE to garden, but I want to.

1 comment:

Super Blogger Girl! said...

are you going to compost?!? we do, it's fun and great for your garden! I can help you if you don't know how.