Thursday, December 03, 2009

Today was a difficult morning. With Eric.

He refused to eat breakfast. He refused to get dressed He didn't want to brush his teeth.

He finally got dressed but wouldn't wear a jacket. Its often a power struggle. He looks up at me and says, "I don't care." when I give him a direction.

I try to do what his teacher has suggested. I try to "make a deal" with him. He is openly defiant.

When he is acting like this I am easily frustrated. Because not only is he arguing with me. That by itself I could probably handle calmly. But Lily is getting into things and Gamma is crying for boobie. Gamma thinks I am a pacifier and Lily is a curious two year old.

I have to remind myself, Eric needs my love and patience. Eric needs my love and patience. Eric needs my love and patience.

I lost my patience this morning. I yelled. Now I have the mommy guilt. I wish I hadn't yelled. I wish I would have stayed calm and talked to him about being cold.

For the rest of the day I am going to keep reminding myself, he needs my love an patience. As all my babies do.

1 comment:

LazyCrazyMama said...

OMG, this is exactly what I am going through!! UGH! It is frustrating. My 4 year old is so demanding and constant and yes he gets quite defiant... and while I am arguing with him my 2 year old is getting into everything and climbing on everything...and it's just awful how many times I have to interrupt nursing to pull the 2 year old off the top of the couch or off the curtains... I hear ya!