Monday, November 02, 2009

I thought buying a house would be fun. I thought going to open houses and touring other people's homes was exciting. But six months later. I'm done. After getting excited and getting disappointed 4 times this year, I just want it all to be over with all ready.

I am thankful we are lucky enough to afford a house. To get to purchase one. But geeze. It is A LOT more work and worry then I thought it was going to be. All 4 times we have put offers on houses I love the house. I get excited. I make plans what I am going to do with each room. I imagine myself waking up in the house. Then we get outbid or our offer just doesn't get a response. Or my dream house is under contract already.

I'm sick of getting the kids in and out of the car 7 times in 2 hours to look at houses. I am sick of garages and backyards and bathrooms and looking at bedroom sizes. I can't wait to have a home. I can't wait to be a real grown up.

2 comments:

Super Blogger Girl! said...

hang in there, the right house will come to you!

RussellPartyofFive said...

Hang in there...house hunting is a PITA but don't give up...plus your coming into the "off" season of home buying... we bought in winter and got super lucky becuase no one wants to house hunt in the cold...lol. You will find a house.