Monday, October 12, 2009

Prison

On October 7th my step-dad was released from prison. I was 13 years old when he was arrested. Husband asked me if I want to see him. How I feel about it. The truth is, I don't know. 12 years is a long time when you are only 25. Half of my life he's been gone. I'm an adult. I have three children.

He's not a murderer. He's a thief and a drug user. Does that make him a bad person? If your parents are bad people, are you suppossed to hate them? I don't hate my parents. I hate their drug use.

Husband talks about what it is like to grow up happy, to be a normal child. I am envious. I wish I had parents who cared. Who punished me for breaking the rules. I wish I had a better example of what it is to be a mother.

2 comments:

Super Blogger Girl! said...

I am sorry to hear about your stress. I hope whatever decision you make that it makes your life a little easier when you decide.

Andrea said...

That must be hard to think about. I can't even imagine what I'd do in your situation. *HUG*