Friday, September 18, 2009

Yesterday was Gamma's seventh month birthday. I love him. Some of his many nicknames are: gooby, bubby, bubber, gammer, gammy, butternut bubber cakes. He is just the happiest little guy I have ever met. Most of the time. He still cries whenever he is frustrated. Or if he wants to.

I am still breastfeeding him. He is old enough now that I get a lot of "You're still breastfeeding?" I got the same reaction with Lily. I wish that people weren't so scared of boobs. Boobs are awesome. Breastfeeding is one of the best things you can do for your baby. In my opinion.

He weighs 19 lbs. He is heavy. The other day I took him to the vet with me and I carried him in his car seat to the door. I set him down so I could open the door. A woman tried to help me but she was elderly and she could not lift Gamma up. He was too heavy. I felt strong. I lift him everyday. All the time.

It is true, they grow up too fast. My last baby is no longer a tiny fragile thing, he is a big squashy excited ball of giggles.

3 comments:

Jimmie said...

i breastfed elena until 22 months

Valeta said...

Go you! I am going to breastfeed Gamma for as long as I can. He is already kind of weaning himself. :(

Super Blogger Girl! said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh boobies!!!!!!