Thursday, August 06, 2009

Yesterday morning Lily sat up in our tent and said, "awake!." Husband and I were already making breakfast so we ran to her and hugged her. We told her happy birthday over and over. We asked her if she felt older now that she was two. She would answer, "yea!" We spent most of the day in the car. Driving from Crater lake to Seattle. We went to a restaurant for dinner and let her open her presents. She liked the tissue paper better then the actual gifts. She had a little cupcake with a candle in it. She was one happy girl. As soon as we could get service on our cellphones we called everyone so they could say happy birthday to her. She kept saying, "birthday!"

My beautiful baby girl is no longer a baby. She is a big girl.

Today I turn 25. I thought I would hate having our birthdays so close together. I'm selfish like that. But I love it. I love her. I love everything. I love life.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I keep trying to comment on your fb, but it won't let me. So...

Happy birthday!!!!!

And happy birthday to Lily too. :-) It sounds like y'all are having a great trip, I can't wait to hear more about it when you get back!

Super Blogger Girl! said...

Happy Birthday buddy! Your 25 thats like one fourth of a hundred!!!!