Monday, July 06, 2009

So, potty training = FAIL. Who decided to cut his first tooth the same day I wanted to start potty training his sister? Four freaking month old Gamma, of course. Neither went well. Lily peed everywhere except the potty. She did love changing those Dora undies everytime she peed. So maybe I should have gotten plain boring undies. I just don't think she's ready yet.

That's the one piece of advice I found useful about potty training. Wait until they are ready. When they are ready, it's pretty easy. Every kid is different so who knows when she'll be ready.

I hate breastfeeding teethers. My boobs hurt.

3 comments:

Brandy K said...

I agree w/waiting til they're ready. We tried all these different things, rewards, undies, constant watching, etc. After giving up, he just decided one week that he was done with the accidents and pull-ups. He was 3 1/2 but he has had very few accidents since. He was also and early teether - 3 mos. After that, no more bottled breast milk, he only wanted straight from the source. I had to take 3 breaks a day from work to go and nurse him, but that turned out to be a nice thing. Good thing daycare was close!

Super Blogger Girl! said...

Did she pee anywhere funny?

Valeta said...

Omg! She peed on the bottom stair of the staircase. She was picking out a new pair of undies. Had one leg up on the next step and just peed. She looked down when she felt wet but went right back up to what she was doing.

That is how I KNOW she is not ready. lol.