Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Because I have nothing to complain about.

I am sitting on the couch nursing Gamma. His tiny fist is wrapped around my index finger. I look into his eyes that are turning brown and smile. He looks up at me and smiles back. He looks silly smiling with a nipple in his mouth so I laugh. This makes him laugh and I laugh even harder because he looks even more silly. Nothing compares to these moments.

I am trying to use the bathroom alone when Eric barges in with bright eyes. I am about to yell at him when he exclaims, "I have some very exciting news!" I have an annoyed look on my face and say, "Really, what?" He says, "I have another loose tooth!" And he wiggles one of his bottom teeth. Immediately I am no longer annoyed, it is just so cute. I smile and say, "Great news!" Then I ask him nicely to get out and please do not barge in when people are using the bathroom.(I tell him this at least once a day, I don't know when he will get that it is not okay.)

For the third day in a row Lily bounds up to my bed at 5 AM. I sit up and she hands me my glasses and says, "eyes!" I guess she thinks my glasses are my eyes. Or maybe she is just telling me they go over my eyes. I don't know, either way I am proud of her. I take her to her room to change her diaper. She is happy smiley and I need coffee. I take her diaper off and she yells, "I'M NAKEY!" Then after I change her and put her on the floor she sways her hips from side to side and says, "dance! dance! dance!" I can't help but smile. Worth getting up at 5 AM for.

No comments: