Sunday, May 24, 2009

Scared of the dark

Just now, I tried to go to bed. But as sometimes happens, I couldn't fall asleep because I was scared. I'm a grown up. I'm not supposed to be scared. But here I am admitting it. I am. Husband likes to tease me. But at night, in the dark, is when all the bad things happen.

It's when people rape and touch you. It's when parents yell and fight. It's when daddy leaves and never comes back. It's when men in space suits bust your mother's meth lab that you didn't know existed. It's when the mean girls from across the street jump you and burn your arm with cigarettes.

I've had people read this blog, email me and tell me to "just get over it already." I don't know if I will ever get over my chidhood. I'm just making sure my kids don't have a scary one.

4 comments:

Super Blogger Girl! said...

when you get scared just think of all your babies smiles!

Valeta said...

You didn't comment on muh youtube videos! Jerk!

J/k.

Denise said...

You know what...you don't have to get over it. No one should tell you to do that. What happened to you was very real and you deal with it the way you need to!

I am sorry all those crappy things have happened. I am glad that you seem to have a much better life now with three beautiful children and a wonderful husband!

Valeta said...

Awww. Thanks Denise.