Thursday, April 02, 2009

I met Dooce. And Mighty girl. 

And I was a big dork. 

Yesterday started out crappy but by the end of the night I was in a much better place. As soon as Husband came home from work I had to run to the Target for diapers and then I barely made it to Heather Armstrong's book signing. I love her blog. And I love her new book. It was the only time I have ever spent only 10 minutes at the Target. I love the Target.

I took Gamma with me. 6 weeks old and since the room was full of women there were a lot of "Oh how cute!"s and "How old is he?".  There were so many people in the room, it got really hot. Gamma was dressed for cool weather and in my mei tai. I had to take him out because he was getting all sweaty.

Heather came out and read a few chapters from her book and answered questions. She was extremely funny and much taller then I imagined. Then I had to wait my turn to get my book signed. 

A nice lady let me cut in front of her because Gamma was getting fussy. I just didn't have enough hands. I walked over with my bag, my sweater, Gamma and her book in my arms. I was nervous. It was surreal to see a person I admire so much in person. I didn't know what to say. She asked how old Gamma was. I said he was six weeks. I said I was lucky I got to come. And she thanked me for coming. I smiled and walked away.

Then I walked by Maggie Mason and she stood up and asked about Gamma. She is really tall too. Why is everyone so tall? Heh. I suddenly started shaking out of nervousness. I really like her blog too! So I told her about Gamma and that it was so nice to meet her. She told me I looked really good for someone who just had a baby. I blurted out,"Well I didn't gain that much because I am small." What a freaking dork. Heh. Thinking back I don't think I should have said that. I don't know if it was really the nervousness or the fact that I skipped dinner to be at the book signing but I was really shaking. So I told everyone thanks and left.

Yesterday I was having such a bad day that I almost talked myself out of going. I am really glad I went. It was fun.

1 comment:

Super Blogger Girl! said...

OMG im so jealous you are so lucky, maybe she will come to baltimore too!!!