Monday, April 27, 2009

I have blogged about using cloth diapers. I have blogged about giving up on cloth diapers. But this past weekend Husband and I were going over our financial situation and looking where all our money goes to see if we really can afford to buy a house and I realized how much money I was throwing away on diapers. Not only are 'sposies bad for the environment, but for two babies in diapers the cost is over $100 a month. Even if you use generic store brand diapers (which suck and leak and I hate.) 

A friend of mine asked me about the water cost to warsh all the cloth diapers and for three months our water bill only went up $20. In order to cut  back on a few things, I have made a vow to use cloth diapers again. Maybe not 100%. I will keep 'sposies for overnight. But during the day at least, I'm going to try cloth again. 

Sometimes I feel like I come off as one of those "high and mighty" super eco moms. And I so am not that. But I do want to try my best to live frugally and do what is best for the environment. 

4 comments:

Super Blogger Girl! said...

your awesome!

Valeta said...

So are you!

Super Blogger Girl! said...

aww shucks.

Little Lady Cakes said...

Good job. Cloth diapers can become very trying at times.