Wednesday, April 15, 2009

After school on Monday (Eric's birthday), I asked Eric what he wanted to do. He wanted to play at the park. So to the park we went. It was windy and Gamma was fussy. 

Then some kids wouldn't play with Eric. They told him to go away. It really breaks my heart when kids are cruel to each other. I remember being the odd kid no one would play with. I'm now the odd adult with barely any friends. 

Eric came over and asked me to make the kids play with him. I hugged him tightly and told him I was sorry. I tried to explain that I couldn't make anyone play with him. Sometimes people are just mean. We came home and played sorry, uno and monopoly instead. We had a fun day. 

2 comments:

Hot Belly Mama said...

I am so sorry to hear that! Being pregnant right now myself, you don't really think of stuff like that. But you're an awesome mom for being honest and being willing to be his playmate. :)

Darcie said...

Beth has that problem sometimes too. She'll say hi to kids or people in the store and they'll just stare at her or won't even look over. I feel so bad, she's so friendly and happy, and they just step all over her. :(