Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When I was pregnant with Lily I spent a lot of time on the Internet looking at baby slings. There are so many different kinds and everyone thinks the one they sale or use is the best. I had a used snugli when Eric was a baby and It was okay but I wanted a cool sling. I ended up getting the new native carrier and the peanut shell sling. 

At the time Husband was making half of what he makes now, so $100 spent on slings was a big deal for us. And I barely used them. If she wasn't already asleep before I put her in them she would scream. Plus I was dealing with the post partum depression. 

I saved those slings and guess what? Gamma hates them too. He prefers to be held up-right. I have a newer snugli but I don't really like it because it doesn't hold the baby right next to me. The cloth separates us. My friend let me borrow her Maya Wrap sling and I just couldn't make Gamma happy in that either. I needed something so I could hold Gamma and have my hands free for my other two kids.

So I bought a mei tai from this shop on  etsy. Gamma loves it! It holds him upright, directly next to my body. He either sleeps or just looks around when he is in it. I wish I could go back in time and just get one of these when Lily was new. It would haved saved some money, heh

No comments: