Friday, January 02, 2009

Yesterday when I woke up my undies and pants were wet. At first I thought I had wet the bed, but I had to pee really bad and there was no odor or color. I do drink A LOT of water though. So I go about my business. I make Lily and I eggs and toast for breakfast, I drink some tea. Then while I am taking Lily's eggs to her I feel wet "down there" again. When I was in labor with Lily (at 40 weeks 2 days) I was leaky until the water broke just before she was born. 

So I called my midwife. She tells me to go to the hospital. We do. They put me on monitors and blah blah blah. They test the liquid "down there" and say its probably not amniotic fluid. But I am having contractions. I have been having contractions for weeks, I just assumed they were braxton-hicks. Laying there, on my back with tight monitor straps on my belly made these contractions VERY uncomfortable. Hurty even.

They did an ultrasound. The baby is complete breech.

They do other tests. They talk to my doctor. Meanwhile I haven't eaten since 8 am. All of a sudden its 1pm and I am starving. All they have given me is water. I have asked husband to go get the cookies I know we have in our car but he doesn't want to leave me. My midwife calls my OB/GYN and they decide to give me terbutaline and send me on my way. 

I have had terbulaline once before, when I was about 30 weeks pregnant with Eric. We had a very large dog and I was out watering my "garden" (nothing really ever grew, but I tried.) and he ran into my legs. Knocked the wind right out of me. I started having contractions and my OB/GYN gave me terbutaline and they went away.  That was six years ago. I didn't remember it very clearly.

This time the medicine made me shaky and loopy and all I could do was cry. I finally got some food and that made me feel a little better. But I came home and I was still shaky for a few hours. 

I am glad we are home. I am glad the baby is still safely inside me. I still feel awful. My belly still feels very tight. I think it might be because of his position, my other babies turned before 33 weeks. Now I am going to go cuddle with baby number two, while she is still the baby.

No comments: