Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I am a little depressed today. Okay, a lot depressed. I really just want to go hide in the closet and cry.

Yesterday while walking Eric home from school I started getting this shooting pain down my back. I could barely get all the way home without crying out.  I did cry when I lifted Lily into the car. I called my midwife and she had no appointments for the afternoon so I went in. Of course, I wasn't in labor. She says its most likely sciatica. There is nothing we can do about it. It will probably go away once I deliver. It hurts to walk up the stairs. It hurts to bend over. It just plain fucking hurts constantly. I've tried Tylenol, heating pad, really hot showers. I am scared to take a bath because I may not be able to get out.  The heat relieves the pain for a while but once I move around it hurts again. 

And I thought the walking would be good for me and bring the baby down into position for labor. No, it just caused me to suffer for the next two weeks. I thought I was uncomfortable before. I was so, so wrong. Things were great before compared to this. 

The good news is that I have progressed since Thursday. I am now dilated to a 1 and the baby is at -2 station. She said my cervix was thin but gave me no percentages that other pregnant ladies seem to get. 

I'm just going to rest as much as I can. Which really isn't much when you have two kids. Heh. I cannot wait to have the baby. I just want to no longer be in pain. 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

So sorry to hear that! I wish there was something I could do. :-( Can you visit a chiropractor? It might take just one visit to fix it and some chiros (around here) only charge $30 without insurance. Just a thought... I hope it doesn't last 2 more weeks though. Take it as easy as you can!!!

Valeta said...

Yeah, I wish I could see a chiropractor. I had to quit seeing my therapist because we "couldn't afford it." Seriously, I really need therapy. I am insane.

Most women get their hair cut several times a year. I've paid to get my hair cut once since we got married. Husband was pissed of course. So much for it being "our money."

I wanted to get a mani/pedi so I can feel girly before the baby comes. No, its not in our "budget." I fucking hate the stupid fucking budget. I fucking hate buying a house.

Ugh. Sorry, I am not having a very good day.